Owner / Designer
Location: Castle Belgalor
Karma: 3 (+3/-0)
reply | quote
Setting up a Linksys Wireless-G Router
A friend of mine had mislaid his computer CD ROM for his linksys router so he couldn't setup, make adjustments, settings etc. This gave me the idea of making this little tutorial for people who have not got a CD to help setup their router.
There are two ways to configure the Router. Choose one of the following:
Run the Setup CD-ROM - I strongly recommended that you use the
Setup CD-ROM which came with your router.
Insert the Setup CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Use this Quick Installation guide - If you wish, you can use the Router’s Webbased
Utility. Proceed to Step 1 of this Quick Installation.
1. Turn off your network devices.
2. Find a location for the Router. The best place for the Router is usually at the center of your wireless network.
3. Fix the direction of the antenna(s). Normally, the higher you place the antenna(s), the better the performance will be.
4. Connect a standard Ethernet network cable to the Router’s Internet port. Then connect the other end of the network cable to your broadband modem.
5. Connect your computers or Ethernet devices to the Router’s numbered ports using standard Ethernet network cabli